Tuesday, March 23, 2010

News and Notes

Method MMA in Forest Hill appeared to have a good weekend at "The Brotherly Love" tournament last week. The school finished second overall in the tournament, which involved 34 other schools. I would point out the schools near the bottom of the list who only scored in the single digits while the overall winner scored 194 points, but I have no doubt that even the competitors who struggled could break me in half without breaking too much of a sweat.

A while ago I had written about Primal Fighting Systems competitor Steven Baker competing at the second Shogun Fights event on Saturday night. Apparently three of his contemporaries have made their foray into amateur MMA also. Three fighters, including what appear to be two brothers, competed in a MMA event at Delaware State University.

I find it ironic that if Jacob and Logan Estep are brothers, that they compete on a card presented by a company called Sibling Rivalry Promotions. The only thing that would have been more fitting is if they had fought each other.

Reminder: I will be attending Shogun Fights II in Baltimore this weekend and will provide my thoughts on the event as soon as possible following its conclusion. You can also follow MMA Maryland on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment