Wednesday, June 9, 2010

An "Evolve"-ing follow-up

In my previous post I mentioned Evolve Academy in Gaithersburg having some of its students travel to California to participate in the World Jiu-Jitsu Championships. Well the affiliate gym of Team Lloyd Irvin did indeed "find gold in them thar hills".

According to its latest e-newsletter, Evolve student Rachel Demara brought home a gold medal while student Kenneth Brown brought back a bronze. I can only hope that I will not be paired with one of them when I start taking classes there in a couple of weeks. I have no doubt a bronze medalist can snap me in half and I shudder to think what a gold medalist could do with somneone who doesn't have an athletic bone in his body.

Evolve is not stopping there though. Several of its fighters will compete in the The World Kickboxing Association's 2010 North American Combat Sports Championship in Hampton, Virginia.

This looks to be more than just your typical grappling tournament, by the looks of the poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment