Saturday, January 29, 2011

Youth is Served

I've often mentioned on this blog that I wished I had received an early start to better prepare myself to pursue mixed martial arts, whether it would have been taking martial arts classes as a kid or maybe deciding to wrestle in high school. I probably could have taken on a more assertive stance on the latter.

(I have been told by good friends that I could still pursue training now and I don't disagree. Unfortunately, less desirable personality traits that I possess make it difficult to overcome insecurity about being a possible somewhat older novice training with a younger professional.)

If I had done that, maybe I could have been like these two kids. They practice at Evolve Academy in Gaithersburg, not Frederick like that article states. The two kids have already competed overseas in various kickboxing/martial arts tournaments, which I'm sure was a mind-blowing experience for someone so young.

Another article about the kids can be found here. As the video in that article shows, the kids are in good hands at Evolve. Speaking from personal experience, the gym provides top-notch training and guidance, even for a blatant novice like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment