Saturday, February 12, 2011

Youth is Served, Part II

I made an entry a couple weeks ago about a pair of brothers training in MMA. While I wish I could take credit for the pair's sudden ascendancy in local MMA, that would probably be more than a little disingenuous.

However, there is no debate that Cal and Chase Wilson are getting more notoriety, at least on a local level. The local FOX station recently did a feature on the brothers, and in the process enlightened me to something I didn't previously know.

Cal, the older of the brothers, prefers the stand-up, Muay Thai aspect of MMA while Chase, the younger, has taken a liking to the ground game and Brazilian jiu-jitsu. The pair's Dad is also a part of Evolve Academy in Gaithersburg, where they train, and I'm sure having two sons who partake in two different aspects of MMA keeps ol' Dad on his feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment