Thursday, March 3, 2011

Local boy makes good

I'm finally able to write again after first dealing with a back issue and then being as sick to my stomach as I've ever been in my life. This past Sunday was not a good day to be me.

But while I've been less than stellar, Evolve Academy in Gaithersburg is riding high by virtue of having one its fighters, Zach Davis, on the new season of "The Ultimate Fighter". Davis will be one of 14 welterweights who will be coached by UFC heavyweights Brock Lesnar and Junior Dos Santos.

I saw Zach fight at the last Shogun Fights show in November and I remember him being very impressive in victory. Like all fighters who compete on the show, he is contractually bound to not speak about what went on during the show's filming while the show is being aired on TV. I myself would probably not be able to keep myself from spilling the beans. But if I was faced with a multi-million dollar lawsuit if I did, I would probably shut the hell up pretty quick.

Learning that a local fighter will be on "The Ultimate Fighter" gives me an extra incentive to watch this season. While I always enjoy watching new fighters scrap and fight for their chance to do something special, watching someone local is always exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment