Friday, April 15, 2011

Need a sponsor?

If you're looking for a sponsor, FightCo Mixed Martial Arts of New Jersey might be a good place. They've already chosen a pair of fights to sponsor who have proven to put on exciting fights.

The group has chosen two fighters to sponsor at Shogun Fights 4 on April 30 at First Mariner Arena in Baltimore.

FightCo is sponsoring Dave Daniecki and Dan Root at the event, two Shogun Fights veterans who have brought fans to their feet at previous shows. I remember Daniecki most for his three-round war with Germyale Adkins from Shogun Fights 2. Both guys just went at it full-tilt and though Daniecki lost a decision some saw as controversial, but there was no doubt that Daniecki went all-out. He saw redemption at Shogun Fights 3, where he dominated Elder Ramos for an unanimous decision victory.

Root was also impressive at Shogun Fights 3, winning his fight in the first round with an arm triangle. Submission victories were abundant at the third Shogun Fights card, but I felt Root's in particular stood out and gave him the Submission of the Night award.

I'm not sure if I will be able to make Shogun Fights 4 at the end of this month, unfortunately. It falls on the same night as UFC 129, where the main event is Georges St. Pierre vs. Jake Shields for the UFC welterweight title. While I love checking out local MMA events, I don't feel I can pass up watching GSP and Shields duke it out to see who is the best at 170 pounds. But I will give Shogun Fights 4 the respect it deserves and as much coverage as I can leading up to and after the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment