Saturday, August 27, 2011

Preparing for his moment

Not too long ago I wrote about Mike Easton, a local fighter who trains with Team Lloyd Irvin in Camp Springs and who is making his UFC debut Oct. 1 at the organization's first even at Verizon Center in Washington, D.C. Word of Mike's appearance is spreading, due to the fact he recently gave an interview to The Washington Times.

In the interview Mike talks about his background growing up in Southeast D.C. and how he has trained with current UFC Bantamweight Champion Dominick Cruz, complete with a photo of the two sparring. Easton and Cruz will compete on the same card Oct. 1, as Cruz is set to defend his belt against Demetrious Johnson in the main event while Easton will square off against Jeff Hougland.

In the interview mentions how he first beat death when he was first born, weighing at a paltry 2 pounds, 3 ounces and surviving. He also mentions breaking his elbow while fighting, which while it's something I have not experienced personally, I can't imagine feels very pleasant.

I was able to secure tickets to the UFC event in D.C., so I'm very excited to see my first UFC event in person. I will post a brief recap following the event, which while it's not a Maryland event, I feel an exception can be made for the biggest MMA organization in the world.

Also, be safe this weekend with the hurricane.

No comments:

Post a Comment