Wednesday, April 16, 2014

The time is upon us

Man, I'm glad to be back at writing this thing. It's been over a month since I last wrote something, including no entries throughout the whole month of March. But I guess that's what happens when you move into a new place and deal with everything that goes with that. This is totally off topic, but as I'm sure most of you already know, moving sucks. It's not fun. No one enjoys it.

That said, let's get back on topic. And also as most (if not all) of you already know, UFC 172 is next weekend, and it's in Baltimore. I've already written about this at length, because it's the biggest mixed martial arts event to ever come to Maryland.

Still not convinced? Check out the articles here, here and here that are related to UFC 172.

Those articles primarily address the drug testing that occurred prior to the event, of which I'm sure everyone will come back clean. Simply put, this is a huge event for mixed martial arts in Maryland. If the fans turn out as I expect they will, and are as vocal as I expect them to be, the world will be introduced to an area that knows and loves its MMA. And that can only portend good things for MMA in Maryland going forward.

Where will be I during this event? Not there, sadly. But I will be watching, filled with pride that my home state is on the big stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment