Friday, June 13, 2014

It's that time of year

You can usually bet that during the first half of the year, Shogun Fights will have a card in the Baltimore (formerly First Mariner) Arena. They usually have it in the spring months, March/April, but since the city of Baltimore had the good fortune to host UFC 172 in April, I'm sure that was the cause of Shogun Fights being moved to June 21.

A 10-fight card awaits Maryland mixed martial arts fans who attend the event, featuring fighters from across the state and gyms such as Ground Control Baltimore, Evolve Academy in Gaithersburg and Conquest BJJ in Crofton. There are also fighters from neighboring states like Virginia and Pennsylvania, and even a female fighter from Michigan.

There are some familiar names on the fight card for me, including Binky Jones, Micah Terrill and Umaer Haq. But I also see some brand new faces, which I think just speaks to the scope that Shogun Fights is developing, attracting new fighters all the time from far and wide.

I am planning to attend this event (stop me if you've heard that one before) and I look forward to re-familiarizing myself with the Maryland MMA scene on a bigger scale. Look for a more detailed preview of the event here next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment