Friday, June 20, 2014

Ten shows in the making

As I mentioned in my last post, tomorrow night is Shogun Fights in Baltimore. On top of that, it's the event's 10th edition. But it's not the actual 10th year, since the event is held twice annually. Man, it's hard to believe it's been almost five years with this.

I've been to a few of these cards, so I've seen Shogun Fights evolve. It's featured everything from 125-pound flyweights to more than 300-pound super heavyweights. It's counted NFL players and other mixed martial arts fighters from the UFC among its guests. But most importantly, it's always been a good time.

And it's also featured many fighters from both Maryland gyms and others, as well as a revolving door of the same fighters. One of those is Binky Jones from Ground Control Baltimore. He's been a staple at Shogun Fights, and was recently the subject of a nice article in The Baltimore Sun.

I'm looking forward to watching a good slate of fights tomorrow night. I'll be there to cover the event and will post the results here after the event. I'm not sure how many people expected Shogun Fights to make it to 10 events, but I'm sure there are many people who hope there will be 10 more, and more beyond that.

No comments:

Post a Comment