Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Terrill undergoes some "BMF" training

Note: This is the second part of a two-part series on the fighters involved in Shogun Fights' first-ever title fight. To read about Cole Presley, click here.

One of the hallmarks of mixed martial arts is that fighters not only train with their own team, but they travel the country or the world and soak up as much knowledge and experience as possible in order to become the most well-rounded fighter they can.

For Micah Terrill, his training for his first title fight at Shogun Fights next month against Cole Presley isn’t just making him well-rounded. It’s also making him – pardon my French – a bad motherfucker.

Terrill is splitting his time training with UFC lightweight Donald Cerrone and other fighters at Cerrone’s “BMF Ranch” and with Greg Jackson and Mike Winkeljohn in New Mexico. Terrill calls Conquest BJJ in Crofton his home base.

“Being the first title fight [in Shogun Fights] is a great opportunity and honor,” Terrill told me recently. “This should be a great fight for me to showcase my skills. Cole is an amazing guy and even better fighter. I have a lot of respect for him, and can't wait to see him in the cage.”

Terrill played baseball and football in high school, and wrestled. After a journey into professional baseball fell through, he returned to Maryland and started his MMA training, and soon thereafter devoted himself to the sport full-time. Terrill sports a MMA record of 5-4 and while he came up short in his last bout, he was victorious in his last appearance for Shogun Fights in November 2014.

“I have a family who supports me to the fullest extent,” Terrill said. “I couldn't do it without my girlfriend and our 5-month-old son behind me. I'm a God-fearing man and he's blessed me with everything I have.”

Shogun Fights XII takes place on Saturday, April 18, at the Royal Farms Arena in Baltimore.

No comments:

Post a Comment